Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chapter X of "A Darker Story"

Argh! Sorry! I really wanted to do all of the challenges of the princes, but then I started writing my other story and it's a really long series! (I'll admit it, it's a fanfic, and heck, most of you probably have no idea what the show is!)

Oh, I have a three day weekend again. There better be some roleplays, since I hardly ever get to get in them!

Anyways, here's Chapter X (10) of "A Darker Story".

Appropriate for all ages.



Chapter X

            The princes struggled out of their final challenge. Tiger had encouraged the team in the maze, stayed behind to fight the monster cave while the rest went ahead, helped them come up with a plan to put out the raging fire in the forest, and refused to abandon his group when he was tempted, but Talon had always taken the credit for Tiger’s victories, hoping to claim Rose as his own.

            The moment of truth was drawing nearer. The crowds drew closer and held their breath as King Malicis walked regally towards the bedraggled group.

            “I have been watching you using this orb generously provided by Thorn. I have watched each of you and carefully made my decision.” He dipped his head to Thorn before continuing. “My original plan was a deadly tournament, but the addition of Thorn has made me change my mind. One of you, through these challenges, have shown me that you are fit to marry my dear daughter, Rose.”

            Malicis rested his gaze on Tiger before going on. “Tiger. You have shown that you are smart, brave, strong, willing to make sacrifices, strategic, and loyal. These are qualities that I want my daughter’s husband to have.”

            Tiger looked shocked, and proceeded to numbly trot up to the king, who replaced his red crown with a black one. “The winner of the competition, Prince Tiger of the Golden Spruce Kingdom!” Those of the said kingdom went wild. Rose ran up to meet her future husband, eyes shining but doubt lodged deep in her heart.

****

            Thorn made his was through the crowd of kingdoms preparing to leave, searching for Tiger. He was a lucky prince, marrying such an amazing princess. He was glad he was a castle guard.

            Thorn looked up and gasped. Tiger was giving his speech to his subjects on the top of the tallest tree, but that wasn’t the cause of Thorn’s shock. Behind the prince, a light brown pelt covered by leaves was extending a paw, giving a rough shove, and sending Tiger shooting down. Thorn looked around frantically, but everyone seemed to be frozen to the ground. Thinking fast, Thorn took a leap into the air and flew towards Tiger. He grabbed him, but the prince was too heavy.

            Panicking, Thorn quickly created a force field around Tiger. He landed and the glowing ball of green around him faded. Thorn floated down next to Tiger, looking around at the shocked faces of the crowd.

            “A warlock! A warlock!”

            “What’s he doing here?!”
            “Evil has penetrated our kingdoms!”

            “Burn him!”

End Chapter X
  -Frost


P.S. Hehe, Thorn's in trouble!

2 comments:

  1. The story is good so far! :DDDD I think since its such a large plot, you could make a blog and link your siggy to it, and under your posts say in small text: "new chapter posted on Darker Story!" That way we could have less posts and people could post inside Peppy's '5 posts per day' rule ^.^ Sorry if I sound like a nag. I needed to just mention an idea :)

    -Willow Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! Never thought of that, and I don't want to be taking up all that space. :D

      Delete

This is an ARCHIVE, not the real blog. Please, all of these are old posts. It would do good to comment only "reminders" or something of the sort.

Please do not hate on the blog or its owners, thank you.